Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Didn't Knock On Wood!!



OK - First of all - these two pictures just about break my heart!!! Second - OH MY GOODNESS!!! Was it just yesterday that I was saying that nothing really exciting or interesting has been happening around here?! Well I can now take back that statement!!

Last night, we were running some errands in town with the kids, and one of the places we had to go was to the pet shop to get some stuff for a new fish tank we're getting. In this pet shop they sell koi fish, and they have a raised platform/deck where there is a built in waterfall and pool (the girls called it a pond) for the fish to swim in. As soon as we get in the pet shop - the girls ran over to look at the fish swimming in the "pond." No big deal - we look for a minute and then come down the steps and do the rest of our shopping. A&K kept asking to go see the pond the whole time, so I left Aaron to continue shopping and take them back over there. They kept standing right on the edge (literally right on the edge) and pointing out the different fish to each other. I was constantly telling them to back away a little bit and not lean over, but they just kept doing it.
Well I'm sure you know what's coming by now!!! Katelyn was standing on the edge talking to Abby one second, and the next second - she was falling literally head first into the pond!!!!!! The bad thing was - she went in with her mouth open!! YUCK!! She came up wailing and sputtering and flailing around in this fish pond right there at the very front of the store!!! By the time she realized she was ok - she was very very embarrassed, so we went right out to the car - leaving Aaron to pay for all our stuff. The poor thing was completely drenched, and we had absolutely no dry clothes for her to put on- AND - we still had to go to Wal-Mart to go grocery shopping!!! Everything ended up being fine though - I bought her some dry clothes to change into, and she was very happy after that!!
So I guess the moral of the story is for me to never ever again say that our lives aren't very interesting - because sure enough - they will be!! :-)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

What a nice mom you are to capture your children's most embarrassing moments on camera and post them for all to read about. If only you caught it on video, you could have won some money on AFV. :-)

Pet stores can be a great place for funny kid stories. My mom still tells the story of how one of us (I think it was me) shot their pacifier across the store and landed inside some animal's cage or aquarium. I believe it even ended up in some "droppings"

Good times...

Alli said...

I KNOW!!! I'm a horrible mom for doing that!! I couldn't resist!! I just couldn't believe that really happened!! It was like watching it in slow motion - her body was literally half way into the water, and I remember thinking - "Oh no no no!! This is NOT happening!!"

That's hilarious about you with the pacifier!! At least our story didn't involve any droppings - unless you count whatever fish stuff was in the water!! (Ewww!!)