Friday, August 1, 2008

YIKES!! Aren't they pretty?


I think I mentioned that we had a busy morning yesterday. The kids got haircuts, and then when we got home - a friend from church came over to help make some decisions for a baby shower we're planning. Anyways...while she was here, A & K were coloring with some markers and coloring books in the other room. They were in a very spunky, playful mood, and they kept peaking their heads around the corner and giggling. About 10 minutes into that, Katelyn runs in and says "Mommy, mommy - Abby is in there putting make-up on, and it's all over her face!!! Come see!!" I went to try and see how bad the damage was (I thought she had gotten into my make-up), but she kept hiding her face and giggling. I saw a glimpse of pink and green on her face and realized she'd been applying this make-up ala markers! So I (as calmly as I can) tell her to stop coloring her face with markers. She said ok, and I went back into the other room. The next thing I know - out runs Katelyn with black marker all over her face! Before I can even start yelling at her for doing what I had just told her sister not to do - she very smugly tells me, "Mommy you told Abby not to color her face with markers, but you didn't tell me!"
Good thing crayola makes washable markers!! :-)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aww.... That's so cute!

Alli said...

yeah...sure...although not so much at the time!! :-)

their first make-up!! :-)