Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Life is Nuts Right Now!!

Ok guys...sorry for not posting in 11 days!! Our life is crazy right now!! I am beginning to think we have bitten off more than we can chew, so to speak!! Here's a glimpse into our newly busy week - I am working part time at our church on Monday and Wednesday mornings in the nursery (all 3 kids come too!) :-) Abby and Katelyn have pre-school on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. I am singing at church twice a month now, so every 1st and 2nd weekend of the month I have practice on Thursday night and then I'm at church from 7am-12:30pm on Sunday (but I absolutely love it, so I'm definitely not complaining!!) Aaron is co-leading a DISCIPLE Bible Study class at our church on Monday nights, and I am leading a different DISCIPLE class (also on Monday nights), so we both have to be at church from 6pm-9:15pm on Monday nights. I also am an usher/greeter at church for every 4th Sunday of the month for all 3 services. The kids and I also go to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) on Thursday mornings twice a month, and playgroup on Friday mornings twice a month.

So just to sum all that up - Sunday: 3 out of 4 weeks a month I'm at all 3 services at church! Then come home and plan a lesson plan for DISCIPLE when the kids are napping. Aaron and I each talk to our co-leaders at 9pm Sunday nights to plan the next night's meeting. Monday - church in the am (nursery) and back to church in the pm for DISCIPLE! Tuesday - A&K pre-school in the afternoon. Wednesday - church in the am (nursery). Thursday - MOPS in the am twice a month, A&K pre-school in the afternoon, Alli practice at church in the pm twice a month! Friday - Playgroup twice a month in the am. SATURDAY - usually filled up with various commitments/family/other fun stuff...but sometimes we have NOTHING going on on Saturdays!!

I love everything that's on there, so I'm not listing all that to complain!!! Just explaining why I haven't posted in a while! Hopefully once the shock of our new busier schedules wears off, I'll be on the blog more with new posts!! :-) (I can't wait until the kids are in school and sports and we're doing even more stuff...)(that's sarcasm there!) :-)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow... I'm starting to feel like a slacker! If I do one week of updates or music at all 3 services in a month, I'm worn out! I'm excited to hear that you and Aaron are co-leaders for Disciple! Who are your co leaders and which classes are you leading? I'm guessing your kids are getting to know the church nursery very well!

Ryan said...

As my adviser says, "You don't need to sleep" :-)

So much for that whole "stay at home moms have it easy", right? I'm impressed.

Alli said...

YES!!! My kids are getting very very familiar with the nursery at church!! On days we don't go there - they're already asking me "Why aren't we going to church today?!" :-)

Aaron is co-leading with Barbara (Jackson was teasing him and calling him the "prince of Disciple!") for Disciple I. Jeff Robinson is my co-leader, and we're doing IV, which covers The Writings in the O.T. (everything not in The Prophets & The Cannon - like Psalms, Prov, Ruth, Nehemiah, Job, Esther, etc) and John, I II III John, James, Jude & Revelations in the N.T.

And Ryan - stay at home moms definitely have it easy! I mean - all we do is stay home and sleep in and watch soap operas all day!! The kids can take care of themselves, right?! :-) Sleep is way over-rated anyways!! :-)

Elizabeth said...

Alli -- I'm already exhuasted all the time, and my baby isn't even here! And I just keep reading that when the baby comes, I'll look back on this time and think how rested I was! I can't even imagine how you do it all!!!

And Ryan -- I thought your advisor was pretty cool and all? What's this about him touting no sleep???

Alli said...

Beth - you may look back on this time and remember longingly how much sleep you got every night, but you definitely have good reason to be exhausted all the time! The first trimester you're pretty much tired all the time! Your body's working overtime!! And as far as how I do it - I just do it! That's our normal now, so we just get used to it and soon it doesn't feel like quite so much. I wouldn't change a thing - our lives are full of craziness, but also full of fun and laughter. Kids are wierd that way - lots of work, but very very worth it! :)