Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Bittersweet Day for this Mommy

Tuesday was both a very exciting day for all of us, as well as a somewhat sad day for this mommy. My babies had their first day of school!!! Abby and Katelyn started their first day of pre-school on Tuesday, and they were SO excited to go to school!!!! They each had their own back pack, and they were so cute!! Since it was the very first day, the parents were allowed to stay the whole time, part of the time, or none of the time - depending on what the kids wanted. The last couple days before school started, Abby kept saying she was "gonna be nervous" and that she wanted me to stay the whole time, and Katelyn said she didn't want me to stay any of the time! I told her I'd leave her alone and just stay by Abby if that's what she wanted, and that was the plan. Once we got there, they each sat down on the circle rug (not anywhere near each other!) and they never even looked at me again after that. After about 45 minutes, I asked them if they wanted me to leave, and they both very animatedly told me - yes! they wanted me to "go away!" :-) They did great, and they absolutely loved their first day of school!! The other half of their class is having their first day today, and next week, they'll start going every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. They're both telling Aaron and I (quite often) that they're "big pre-school girls now" - it's very cute!!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures re. first day at pre-school and also the family vacation. They were wonderful, but hard to look upon our grown up great-grandaughters! Just makes us miss all of you very much. Micah is going to be a hit, whatever he plays...what a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Allie,
I'm proud of you for leaving once the girls told you they were ok!! Even though I don't have kids of my own I can imagine how hard it must be to let them go!! I'm so happy you are doing this blog so I can keep up with you!! All three of your kids are beautiful!! I'm sorry I've been so bad about keeping in touch. I miss you and hope to make a trip to see you sometime in the near future!! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

that last comment was made by me Trenee Heath the computer wouldn't let me set up an account where you would see my name.

Anonymous said...

Hey Alli and all! Cute pictures as usual! You two make cute babies. I wonder how you two got together? HaHa! As you continue in these many stages of "first time" moments may the Lord give you peace that passes all understanding that He loves these beautiful chidren even more than you! How awesome to leave our children in His hands and to know He'll take care of them! (especially when they're teens!)
Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Marjean

Alli said...

Thanks Marjean - for the nice note...and also for being the wonderful match-maker that you are and introducing Aaron and I!! :-)